Thursday, March 27, 2008

OK, let me explain the slideshow below...First of all, when we went to Vegas, Keely had to use my shampoo and conditioner. She noticed, only after I had used it and was blowing my hair dry that my shampoo was in fact, BODY WASH! It was right next to the conditioner in Rite Aid so I just grabbed both bottles and threw them in my cart to pay. Can everybody say hello to Blondie? Then, earlier this week we are leaving our apartment to go somewhere, probably to a bar, just kidding Mona and MawMaw :) and we get in the elevator to go down to the basement where the KaKaKaKia is parked with our recycling and get stuck in the elevator! My Zoloft hadn't kicked in yet and the operator wasn't understanding where we were. I did not feel confident we were getting out when she kept asking us "what city are you in?" Homina homina...
I think I got nervous bladder syndrome and wanted to sit down but Keely wouldn't let me sit on the dirty floor so I paced in the 1x1 box while she kicked the door and I fought off a panic attack! Remember to breathe Blondie. Meanwhile, Keely is cool as a cucumber...The door started making noises after the operator told us help would be there shortly but, it wouldn't open. I finally just leaned against the door and tried to push up and the damn thing opened! Must be my muscles...Keely called the operator back to tell them we were out but she was still asking us what freaking city we were in while the door kept trying to close. Keely told her "That's it! I'm getting out of this thing before I get stuck again!" We've been taking the stairs ever since which was probably someone upstairs intensions for this whole fiasco to begin with!
We have submitted a requst to property management to have the "in case of fire, use stairway for exit" sign to include "in case of fire, phobias, panic, impatientness and clausterphobia, oh and laziness, use stairs to exit!"
On a 'good news' note, Keely has become quite the chef on the grill we bought for our little porch. The bad news is, I try to do the inside food preparation and cooking. Reintroducing Blondie...How am I so bad in the kitchen? We've been making Christy Daly's squash and zuccini receipe as a side dish alot but somehow tonight I managed to make us squash and zuccini crunchy black chips instead. They were still edible but thought I'd share my talents in the kitchen with all of you. See slideshow below to view pics of all this maiham and read Keely's post below summing up our first night on the antepartum floor Tues night.

3 comments:

Maria Geraci said...

OMG, being stuck in an elevator is one of my biggest fears (well, it's somewhere on my list). Thank God you two made it out alive:)

We've been keeping up with the pics and blogs at work, but you know we can't comment on the work computers:( Keep the blogs coming. It's lifting up our spirits in between the thousands of patients we're delivering each night. Not sure how we got so short handed of all a sudden...

Adventures of Keely and Sybil said...

It was not my cup of tea for sure! Glad ya'll can look at the pictures and read our blog at work, wish you could write us back from TMH but we understand it's blocked. Strange ya'll are short staffed, I don't know how that happened?...Miss everyone AND we miss TMH labor and delivery! Thanks to all who helped our friends Chris and Tracy Chavez last night with their delivery. They had great things to say about everybody! Talk to you soon.
Love, Sybil

Anonymous said...

I hear we can comment from a computer in pod C or D. Not sure which one, I'll try tommorrow.

Great elevator story. That sucks, but damn I can so picture Sybil pacing w/ her hands on her hips, breathing heavy while Keely rock um' sock um' robots the elevator door. Ha!

alicia