Monday, April 14, 2008

Newport Beach will never be the same..........

Sybil has given me an assignment to recap our weekend in Newport Beach so here goes. Also, before I get started Mr Englert, aka Rog, I'm using a different color text let me know if you can see any better with this color. I worked Friday night so we left Saturday morning around 8:30. Not sure if I was just tired but Sybil's driving on the way up was a little scary. Sorta felt as if I was on delta airlines. I was very happy to arrive at Aimee's so I could sleep. I went to bed while Aimee took Sybil on a tour of Newport Beach and Laguna Beach. They ate lunch a a Mexican restaurant (shocker) and returned @ 2pm to wake me up so we could get some sunshine. We laid out at the pool for a couple of hours then returned to Aimee's so we could shower and get ready for dinner. Scott took us on a VIP tour before dinner. We took a car fairy over the harbor which was very cool. We ate at a place on the harbor called Billy's where we stuffed ourselves! The food was awesome. We must of eaten at least 3 baskets of bread before we got our HUGE salads and entrees. Scott and I got fish. Sybil and Aimee got a platter that gave them a sample of everything from ribs, to shrimp, to steak, to crab cakes, to seared tuna=poopoo platter. We also might of had a drink or 2 at dinner. After dinner we went back to condo. Scott went to bed like a smart person and Sybil, Aimee, and I sat out on the balcony and rehashed our high schools days and growing up in T-town. We also tired to get to the bottom of why Sybil is not a fan of dogs. She shared an hour (no kidding) long story about her dog Sonny. Not sure that we got to the bottom of anything except that Sybil did have a dog and his name was Sonny. That story pretty much did us in so we finally went to bed @ 2am. Aimee woke us up bright and early to get ready for the beach. Sybil and I were slow to rise but did manage to get up around 10:45. Sweet Aimee had already walked the dog, cooked some breakfast and packed snacks for the beach. Yes, Sybil and I are worthless! We went to the beach for a couple of hours. This was the first time I can honestly say I was hot. The beach was gorgeous. We also saw a sick sea lion on the beach. People were crowed around him until a lifeguard told everyone to back off. Shortly after that the marine patrol picked him up and took him to a animal hospital (or wherever they take sick sea lions). After the beach, we stopped by Sprinkles to get a famous Sprinkles cupcake and gelato to cool us down after a hard day at the beach. We then took showers and left to eat dinner and "hang out" at some local watering holes along the water. We met some interesting people along the way. One young lady we met was, shall we say, flirting with her boss. When Sybil asked her why she replied " I'm trying to move up from hostess to take out." The 3 of us laughed very hard at that comment. A local boy named Brian planned a "solid" trip as he put it up the coast of California. Not sure we have time to make it to all the places he suggested but definitely going to plan a trip to LA. At the next watering hole (Beach Ball) we met a guy who is going to Tallahassee next weekend for a wedding. Very cool! When Sybil realized she could play country music on the jukebox that was all she wrote we stayed at Beach Ball for the rest of the night. We left this morning from Newport and took the scenic route home through Laguna. Stopped by LC's house but no one was home. Sybil's currently napping b/c she has to work tonight. I do not go back to the real world until tomorrow. Thanks Scott and Aimee for a great weekend! Also, congratulations to all of our pregnant(Cory), new parents (the Sexton's) and engaged(Beth and Tien) friends at TMH labor & delivery! Hope everyone has a great week, Keely

3 comments:

Tanashia said...

It was great to hear from you guys this weekend...was just saying that you had not called in awhile. Still working on getting somebody to come with me to hang out with you guys. Gibbler claims to be buys with school. Miss you guys. Tanashia

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice beach weekend. Maybe you could give a shout out on the phone to days?? just saying...

alicia

Rog said...

Keely, thanks for changing your font color so my "old as dirt" eyes could read your posts. I am thrilled you and Sybil are taking full advantage of your time in California to see the sights and experience as many bars as possbile:) PS- I know it's been a long time since you and Sybil graduated from elementary school but a boat that transports people, cars, whatever is a "ferry" not a "fairy". As long as you know the difference between the two I guess the spelling doesn't matter. Keep the musings and photos coming.

Love, Rog (aka Dad)