Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Catchin y'all up

I am waiting for Mona, Keely's mom, to call so I can go pick her, Nanny and Pam up at the airport. Keely worked last night so she is sleeping. I am waking her up to go to the airport with me to surprise them-they think she'll be sleeping until we get to the apartment. We are both soooo excited they are going to be here a week! The pictures below are finally on the blog from our hike up Cowles Mountain. Then it's pictures to show you how there is ALWAYS food in the nurses station break room. Keely said they had a buffett in room 1 last night. Thank goodness I wasn't working! The cracker (cracked pepper triscuit), cheese of your choice and cherry tomato is my new favorite snack-refreshing and healthy! Try it Mikey...
As you can see, Keely is relaxing reading a book on her break. She took a picture of me later that night taking a nap but it was too dark to see anything.
OK, I've thought about keeping this off the blog but since we've heard it over and over again from San Diegians I'm saying screw it and putting it on here. Apparently, our lovely, family oriented apartment complex, The La Mirage, is known round these parts as 'Herpes Hill.' All we have to do is tell someone we are travel nurses and they say, 'oh, where do you live? Herpes Hill?' NICE. We quickly explain that it is no longer the party place and is STD-free. I was talking with a nurse the other night who also works in labor and delivery at another hospital part time and she said, 'So, I was in triage the other night and a patient shows up by cabulance..' I don't know what she said after that b/c I was laughing so hard. This CAB-ULANCE is referring to all those pregos who call 911 for an ambulance ride to the hospital b/c they had one contraction, lost their mucous plug or, who knows, are probably constipated. Meanwhile, their entourage of family and friends has beat them to the hospital and are pounding down the door asking where is Mrs. Smith?, correction, it's probably Ms. Smith. Well, if any of you had a brain in your heads you should have #1 flushed the damn mucous plug down the toilet instead of putting it into a baggie for us to see-we DON'T care! #2 given her some prune juice #3 re-thunk calling an ambulance since she was eating hot wings and laughing 2 minutes after her one contraction. If none of this turns your lightbulb on, even if it is dim, then #4 is put her pregnant ass in your car and bring her in yourself. Ambulances, 911 and triage is for EMERGENCIES ONLY!
I've got to make myself presentable since Mona should be calling any minute so this CAB-u-KIA can go pick them up at the airport :o)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

hey girls! i miss you guys when i am at work! not as much to laugh about.:) love keeping up w/the blog. check mine out www.thevelebers.blogspot.com
talk to you later
Brooke