Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's been a while since I've written...

Well, back to reality. Keely and I enjoyed having Papa, Mona, Nanny and Ms. Bonnie come visit! I've only put pictures on the blog from Monticello, ole TJ's house (Thomas Jefferson) and something else that I can't remember at the moment. My brain is having a moment, please excuse it. Anway, we had many interesting nights in the gym showing Mona how all of the equipment works (the eliptical was her favorite). The problem was, we all took drinks with us on our gym tours. This could explain the injuries. Pictures to come.
We also were able to eat at a couple of places recommended to us by nurses at UVA and our new favorite neighbor, Kristie. I have pictures of that too.
We got to pick apples at an apple orchard and went to Walton Mountain where the author of 'The Walton's' grew up and got his inspiration. Nanny loved it! Pictures? Check.
Somehow we always ended up at a winery. By the 2nd or 3rd one we asked if we could pay for the tour, skip it and go straight to the tasting. Boy, did we get our money's worth at Barboursville Winery!!! That was after our 3.4 mile hike to a waterfall that was, basically, trickling. The sweat pouring off my body was running at a faster rate than that 'waterfall'! I almost knocked a hiking Brit over when she said, "oh, yes, another waterfall, more water, 300 miles' and pointed down a steep path. I guess she meant, 300 feet. We did find a slightly bigger one, not more water but it was twice as high as the first one.
Hell yes, I have pictures!
I drove up Skyline Drive not because I wanted to but mainly to avoid nausea. Probably not the best choice of activities for the day since 3 of the 5 of us have car sickness tendencies!
We went to a movie last night, checked out the Downtown Mall and had an overall great time! We are soooo glad ya'll came especially since you were our only visitors!
I guess I better actually do some work since my 500 lb pt has sky high blood pressures at the moment. Stay tuned for all of our exciting pictures!!!

1 comment:

Tanashia said...

Sounds like you two are having just as much fun there as you did in California....so, why is Keely trying to come back here? How is the hospital there? Tanashia